Premium Site Selection
Our team completed an exhaustive research effort to identify and qualify a premium portfolio of mini run of river project sites from thousands of hydro site locations in the Philippines.
Hydrotec compiled an extensive database of hydrological, topological and meteorological data-points. Based on the database Hydrotec has secured project site locations, which have met strict pre-feasibility approval requirements including:
- Historical rainfall patterns and river flow rates that support Hydrotecs economic forecasts.
- Close access to public infrastructure including toll roads, grid interconnections and corporate power purchasers for water to wire and off-take agreements.
- Project site attributes in which Hydrotecs projects eliminate the need for tree-cutting or environmental disruption to flower or fauna or displace the communities living within project site locations.
- Project sites in which both political and public community support is supportive to achieve voter approvals along with land and water rights.
- Project characteristics in which civil excavation and build out are minimal and do not require tunnelling or old school hydro schemes which are capital intensive and time-consuming.
- The project sites are replicable to our sustainable design and have reduced exposure to acts of god such as typhoons and earthquakes while enduring extreme weather conditions.
Based on this data, Hydrotec has secured the rights to develop the most promising sites